Touring & Camping with us
We are the closest park to Buxton Town Centre and only a £3.80 taxi ride to anywhere in town centre or a 20-25 minute walk.
We are a peaceful rural site so if you want loud parties our site is not the one for you.
We welcome caravans, tents, trailer tents, motorhomes, fifth wheelers, campervans through to people looking to stay in one of our caravans, lodges or apartments. We have all the facilities to make your holiday in the Buxton, Peak District area as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. We have either hardstanding pitches with electric hook-up or grass pitches with or without electric. The two shower blocks are fitted out to the highest standards, with spacious free hot showers, top quality facilities and heating in the cooler months. A disabled/family room and baby room are also available in the electric touring shower block.
Part-Serviced Touring Pitches
Lime Tree’s touring pitches are mostly hard standing with electric hook up, offering commanding views of the surrounding farmland and the viaduct, allowing guests the opportunity to cohabit with the local wildlife, relax and enjoy.
16 amp electric. All hardstanding with space for an awning on most pitches. Pitches generally have a small area of grass to one side of the pitch. You may need to peg down into the hardstanding at the front and back of your awning. Heavy-duty (rock) pegs are advisable as we are in the Peak District area. There are two main areas for electric touring vans, in the main field at the top and near the entrance at the Arches. The Arches also access onto the large dog walking field.
We have some larger hardstanding pitches suitable for motorhomes up to 30ft, larger twin-axle caravans, or caravans with bedroom annexes on the awning. Please inform staff at the time of booking if you require space for an awning or need a larger pitch.
Tent Pitches: Electric Tent Pitches
We have electric hook-up facilities for tents on grass on our electric touring field. The electric tent pitches are a maximum 5m*5m. We do have a few larger electric pitches so please give us a call if your tent is larger than 5m or there is the option of booking 2 pitches.
In some areas of the site we are able to position a caravan on a hardstanding pitch near to a grass electric tent pitch. These areas book up quickly, so remember to book early to guarantee your place.
Tent Pitches: Non-electric Tent Pitches
Camping without electric hook up at Lime Tree is relaxed and informal. Guests get to choose where you want to be. Our terrace areas are very popular offering privacy and near to the children’s play area which is ideal for young families. We also have a large camping field with amazing views of the local countryside, room to play ball games and ideal for small family get togethers.
Please note we are in the Peak District and therefore we do have sloping ground. The camping field does slope, and there are some small hill areas and steps. Be advised that guests with walking difficulties could find it hard work.
Campervan Corner – Non-electric Pitches
Why not join us and stay in the camper van corner. We have a dedicated terrace for small campervans with no electric. Ideal for VW Campervans.
The campervan corner is close to the shower and toilet block plus not far from the reception area with the free WiFi zone and pool table in the information room.
- A small children’s play area with swing, slide etc
- Games room with a pool table (50p) & TV
- Only a £3.80 taxi to the centre of town
- We have a selection of discount vouchers at local attractions, pubs & restaurants including 3 local family/dog friendly pubs with 10% off food.
- Large open field near the non-electric camping area & a large dog exercising field
- Free WiFi Hotspot Zone in the information room & near reception
- Village-style shop selling a range of food, camping supplies, toys etc with Morrisons supermarket just down the road
- Onsite local farm butchers open at the weekends (facebook page)
- Book exchange area
- Calor and camping gaz exchange
- 2 toilet blocks with showers (please note, only 1 block may be open according to the time of season). Showers are free of charge
- Shaver points
- Laundry room with coin-operated washing machines, dryers, ironing facilities and sink for hand-washing
- Pot-washing facilities
- Water points
- Disabled washroom facilities (please note the Peak District is known for being hilly)
- Freezer facilities for freezing icepacks
- Recycling facilities
- Exclusive to Lime Tree Park, hop on the Discover Buxton tram from reception and journey to Buxton town centre
- Dogs are welcome on site, as long as they are kept on a lead at all times.
Varying Opening Times
Please note that the facilities available will vary according to the time of season. If you have particular needs, or need further information, please give us a call and one of our staff will be pleased to advise you.
Booking your stay at Lime Tree Park couldn’t be easier. Call us on 01298 22988 and one of our friendly staff will be pleased to assist you. Advance booking is always recommended and essential for Bank Holidays and school holidays. Please note that in making a booking you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions, and agree to abide by the rules of this park. Bookings are accepted on receipt of:
- For stays of up to 3 nights, reservations will be taken upon receipt of FULL PAYMENT
- For stays of 4 nights or more, reservations will be taken upon receipt of a £50 deposit and the balance to be paid 10 weeks before commencement of the holiday.
- Pitches are available from 12:30pm and departure is by 12 noon. Latest arrival is between 6-7pm.
To book, please call 0129822988 or use the booking form to reserve a pitch.
|CAMPING WITH NO ELECTRIC|
Price Per Night
|Off-peak rate||Peak rate||Bank Holiday rate
(Min of 3 nights)
|Camping - 2 berth tent|
(2 adults, 1 car, up to 2 berth tent & max 2m*2m)
|Family Tents or VW Campervans|
(2 adults, 1 car, up to 8 berth & max 7m*5m)
|Small pup/ storage tent (available when booked with a tent)||£4||£5||£6|
|Duke of Edinburgh groups or similar (price per person)||£8||£8||£11|
|TOURING & TENTS WITH ELECTRIC|
Price per night
|Off-peak rate||Peak rate||Bank Holiday rate
(Min of 4 nights)
|Tourer, Tent (Max 5m*5m), Trailer Tent or Motorhome (2 adults, 1 car)||£25||£28||£31|
|Electric, showers and awning with caravans||Free||Free||Free|
|EXTRAS for CAMPING & TOURING||Price per night|
|Extra adult (15 years old and over)||£5|
|Children (5 to 14 years)||£3|
|Dog on lead (max 2)||£2|
|Children under 5||Free|
|Extra car (to be parked in the car park)||£5|
|Stay on after 12 noon||£6|
|WIFI Zone (located near reception in the information room with the pool table)||Free|
|Gazebo details (Max 3 metres & only available on non-electric tent pitches)||£10|
We are a peaceful 4-star family site. If you want loud parties then our site is not the one for you.
NOTES & CONDITIONS
*Weekends & peak periods are a minimum of 2 nights
*We are surrounded by fields/ farms and we are the closest park to Buxton (20-25 minute walk or £3.80 taxi). We have facilities including shop onsite, WiFi zone, small kids playground, games room with a pool table and Morrisons supermarket is down the road
*Peak periods are at weekends (Fri/Sat) and all dates through June, July, August & September.
– 25th and 26th December 2016
– 25th March 2016 (Good Friday)
– 28th March 2016 (Easter Monday)
– 2nd May 2016 (Early Spring Bank Holiday)
– 30th May 2016 (Spring Bank Holiday)
– 29th August (Summer Bank Holiday)
– 26 December Monday Boxing Day
– 27 December Tuesday Christmas Day (substitute day)
Latest arrival time is between 6-7pm.
*Sorry, we do not give refunds due to bad weather or under any other circumstances.
*Prices include free WiFi zone, toilets & hot showers
*Bank Holidays are a 3 nights minimum for non-electric camping & 3 nights minimum for electric. Excludes Easter, which is 4 nights minimum for electric camping.
*Maximum tent pitch size for electric hook up is 5m x 5m
BBQ’s are permitted providing they are raised off the ground however, camp fires are NOT permitted
*A deposit is required to secure the booking. Please note that the deposit and the holiday booking are non-refundable & non-transferable in the event of cancellation for any reason, we therefore recommend getting holiday insurance.